If you’re passionate about helping people, have a driving licence and access to a car and are interested in developing a career in hearing care, we want to hear from you.
Boots Hearingcare is welcoming qualified HCA’s and those without any experience to the team as part of our expansion and we will provide full training to support to achieve a qualification in hearing care.
Boots Hearingcare prides itself on a reputation for excellent service and we are growing. With over 500 clinics in Boots Stores across the UK, our team delivers audiology services including hearing tests and solutions to thousands of customers every day. The company takes delight in looking after its colleagues as much as its customers by providing specialist training and a qualification in hearing care, career development and a great benefits package.
What will the role of Hearing Health Practitioner involve?
You’ll be supporting a team of qualified Audiologists across various stores in the wider area. You will support clinics in different stores as the needs of your diary require which is why it’s important you can drive. As part of this you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including excellent customer service, hearing care and supporting store KPI’s.
Your performance will be well rewarded with support and training, and you will start your career with us on a paid 18-week training programme gaining a qualification in audiology. If already qualified we’ll support and train you to enable you to develop your scope of practice as required. During your training you will spend time away from home in the Boots Hearingcare Academy in Birmingham where we will book and pay for your accommodation before releasing you into your region to practice.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
What will I need to be considered for this Hearing Health Practitioner vacancy?
- Performing a variety of hearing related tests
- Assisting customers with basic hearing aid cleaning / maintenance and minor adjustments to fine tune hearing aids as necessary
- Carrying out clinical hearing care tasks such as otoscopy and wax removal
- Providing advice on ear care and noise protection products
- Providing customers with general information and personalised advice as determined by the Audiologist.
- Providing first class customer service in person, by phone and email
- Managing the store diary and keeping it busy with appropriate appointments
- Promoting Hearing Health Check appointments and sundry sales in-store
- Processing orders for new and repaired hearing aids and liaising with suppliers
- You will have a driving licence and access to a car.
- Able to stay away from home for various weeks during your training period. (accommodation and basic expenses paid).
- Willing to become knowledgeable about hearing health related issues and care pathways.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a healthcare role, for example optical assistant, care assistant, pharmacy advisor, or an administrator within the NHS, hearing care or other similar environments. Candidates from a customer service background will also be considered.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Empathetic and supportive outlook towards customers
- Ability to be discreet and show the utmost respect for the privacy of customers
- Self-motivation with ability to work under supervision, as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- IT literacy with the ability to learn and adapt to various systems
- Willingness to travel between stores and attend our Training Academy in Birmingham
What will I receive in return?
Competitive salary and reward package including bonus, benefits, and car allowance where applicable.
Attractive perks include up to 18% annual bonus, Boots discount card (after 6 months probationary period), pension scheme, life assurance cover, staff uniform, long service awards, and annual leave entitlement starting at 20 days rising with length of service increments to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
You will be employed on a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week, days and hours of work to be agreed depending upon locations. Flexibility to work hours according to business needs including weekends would be advantageous. Applicants seeking part time hours will be considered but you must be able to work 22.5 hours a week minimum.
Nationwide opportunities available including the area you apply for and successful candidates will be matched to a group of stores within an agreed location.
Due to the nature of the business successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check.
You must be available to attend an interview within working hours in the first week of September.
All applications for this Hearing Health Practitioner are to be submitted online.